Hello loves! Here is your bit of tarot enlightenment in this deep, watery Cancer New Moon!
The Cards: Queen of Cups, flanked by Three of Swords and Prince (Knight) of Cups. Our shadow card is Justice. (I’m using Nemo’s Book of Azathoth Tarot deck for this spread.)
New Moons are about going deep within our emotional psyches to plan this new lunar cycle. What better theme for this Cancer New Moon then, than emotion, emotional self care, balancing friendships, and intimate partners. This New Moon, a Super New Moon to boot, has profound implications for this upcoming lunar cycle.
Recall from recent readings (see my Instagram posts) where we talk about this Neptune retrograde, that physical self care is very important. This spread underscores the equal importance of emotional self care, which makes sense given the deep, watery influence of Neptune (through November, folks!), the watery Cancer New Moon, and our Cups court cards in this featured tarot spread .
The Queen and Knight of Cups seem to have their own approaches to emotional self care (facing away from one another). And that Three of Swords seems to carry a warning of what’s to come if emotional self-nurturing gets in the way of the other’s needs!
Now here’s what’s interesting about this spread. The astrological correspondent to that Three of Swords is Libra. Our shadow card for this spread is no other than Justice, whose zodiacal correspondent is also Libra! And these two cards sit on the ends of this spread like plates on a scale!
Balance is key.
We are being asked to consider the effect of this watery Neptune retrograde will have on our emotional state, to look after ourselves, but balance our own needs with the people who are most significant to us, or face emotionally injuring a significant friendship, family member or love interest.
So, my friends, our challenges for this Moon cycle are:
- Don’t let the emotional and intuitive turbo boost of the Neptune retrograde get the best of us.
- Look our after ourselves, physically and emotionally.
- Take the time for emotional distance and self nurturing, but not at the potentially harmful expense of those we love. Check in now and then with little gestures that communicate you care.
- Allow all your loves their emotional space as well.
- Make goals of an emotional nature this lunar cycle. How can you devote quality to the people closest to you?
Show you and yours some TLC.